Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 0 comment

Stolen Valor



Impersonating a soldier? 


As I was getting dressed for work recently, I saw a piece on Good Morning America about a man who was in uniform during Black Friday shopping, but could not answer basic questions about his service. The video has gone viral. I was rather taken aback that people would do this.



I am not one to serve in the military, it’s not my cup of java, but I have the utmost respect for those who do the sacrifice so I can enjoy the freedoms that I love; the freedom to post this to a blog, for example, or even something as basic as being educated because I am female.

I did not grow up in a military family, but my late grandfather was a WWII Vet and my Uncle is an Army Ranger. And I have countless masonic brothers and sisters who service our country, and a few coworkers.

I am pissed off at someone's gall to impersonate a soldier to get a discount, a few handshakes and a thank you that they did not earn.

I am not even one of those die hard military folks, but I support the men, women and families that fight for my freedom. The basic things like education, being able to worship what Deity that I want, things of this nature, that we here in the USA take for granted, this is what the military fights for. Most of the people in are young, young enough to be my own child, if I had children. So I am rather disgusted that someone would impersonate a solider.

Why not just say Thank You, or send a Christmas card to the troops, buy a yellow ribbon, send a care package, etc to support the troops instead of perpetrating a fraud?

I could go on and on but I won’t. This will be a quick and dirty rant.

Let us not forget our troops this holiday season, or their families. Please include them in your daily meditations and holiday wishes……

Happy Holidays


Love, Peace and All Things Pretty
~The Diva V~

0 comments:

Post a Comment