Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 0 comment

Happy Holidays!!! BAH HUMBUG, humpf


Happy holidays... | Yes, We Rise




Happy Holidays... good times with family


I used to love the holidays, all of them. From Easter, to Thanksgiving and Christmas and everything in between, I loved them because I got to be around my family, my loved ones, even the ones that made me crazy.

Losing loved ones makes the holidays hard


But as I have gotten older my family members who are near and dear to me, have started to die. I could never understand how anyone could be depressed at the holiday time. It’s the ”Most Wonderful Time of the Year”, or at least it was until April 1, 2012. That is the day we found out my father had colon cancer. That day changed my life forever. I am not here to have a pity party, just to give you my reality. That year is the year I understood holiday depression and why folks said Bah Humbug.

I have had holidays that I was not always feeling, but I usually found a way to enjoy them. Not in 2012; it was the holidays from hell, and I don’t mean that in a funny, Hollywood comedic way. It was some kind of medieval torture device, kind of hell, that there seemed to be no escape from.

Joy comes in the morning


But I am here to tell you there is an escape, that Joy does come in the morning (I could quote some more Christian sayings but I won’t). As time healed my pain, my love of the holidays has returned. I still get a little depressed at the holidays but I have learned how to enjoy it in new ways. I have learned to be grateful for what I do have, and stop worrying about what I don’t have. Getting to know my new family and the possibility of having my own family someday (soon I hope).

So this Thanksgiving, I look forward to cooking for my family and my Fiancé. Starting new traditions with him, as we start our new life together as one family.

I still miss my daddy dearly, that pain still cuts deep, but I have found a new Joy to Celebrate at the Holidays.

So my fellow Bah Humbug people, I am here to tell ya, there is something else (sorry I had a Prince moment), lol, there is Joy to be had at the holidays.

I raise my glass to you all and wish you the most Happiest of Holidays, may Peace on Earth, Goodwill Towards Men, and all that other Holiday stuff fill your hearts.


Peace and Blessings my Divas
~The Diva V~

0 comments:

Post a Comment