Friday, November 21, 2014

Published 11:30 AM by with 0 comment

Thanks For Not Giving Me What I Asked For!!



The "old folks" say that when you want to know how far you've come, look at where you been. During the holiday season, inevitably, folks will talk about all they are thankful for and how many blessings they have, etc. I always get a kick out of the comments and social media posts, from folks lauding their many successes and "all the 'lawd' has brought them through,...blah, blah, blah."

For the life of me, these professions of praise and thanks always make me wonder..."so, you are only thankful for the successes?"  I mean, we all get stuff we asked for or didn't expect...but are those the only things we are thankful for? Personally,  I'm most thankful for the things that God didn't let happen in my life.

As you immerse yourself in the holiday spirit - spend a few minutes thinking about what didn't happen to you this year...I'll start:

  • I didn't date the guy that I thought was so "we match perfect," only to find out he is still in love with his ex-wife and dating 3 other women.
  • I saw the bubble in the side-wall of my tire, which the technician said was moments from a catastrophic blow-out.
  • I didn't take the job offer for the position that was eventually demoted and re-classified even though it was in the field I want to work in.

I could go on, but you get the point. If you really want to feel progress, be thankful for what didn't happen and have a "THANKS-FOR NOT-GIVING" me what I asked for great holiday!

Peace, Joy & Love,
Michelle H.

0 comments:

Post a Comment