Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 0 comment

Target Does It Again

The mass retailer Target ™ has collaboration with a Ready To Wear designer, Joseph Altuzarra.  Altuzarra, is a young up and coming American designer who has been compared to Calvin Klein.  He launched his line in 2008, and his star has been on the rise ever since.  

This collaboration is the latest in a list of Ready To Wear designers who have limited editions at Target, from Zac Posen, Missoni and Isaac Mizrahi just to name a few.

I personally love the limited editions if you can get them before they sell out.  I can live like a baller on a budget and have some of the high end designers that I would not be able to afford otherwise.

Here are a few of Altuzarra’s pieces from the Target website that caught my eye. There are quite a few pieces in this collection for Target:

Here is Look 7 from Target’s website, Green Military Trench $89.99, Python Print Dress for $44.99, and sexy black Strappy Heels $39.99. I am not a big fan of green but I am LOVING this trench coat.  I am in the market for a new one and I need to see if one is fluffy girl friendly. 










Look 8 Python Print Blouse $34.99 and Pencil Skirt $34.99, and sexy black Strappy Heels. The pencil skirt has my name written all over it, I LOVE pencil skirt and this one seems fun to dress up or dress down.  I would not wear the python print top with it, it’s a bit too much for my taste but I would wear each piece with something different and of course a pair of sexy black or brown pumps.









Look 15 Black Printed Long Sleeve Maxi Dress $69.99 and sexy black Strappy Heels
I am a lover of the maxi dress and this one is a bit sexy with the deep V in the front and a slit on the side, you could add a cami to this and a cardigan and wear it to the office or wear it on a night on the town for date night with the hubby.   And you know to top it off with a great sexy heel, I would do red to add a pop of color.




 
Look 18 Sexy Cami set with tap pants $34.99 and sexy black Strappy Heels.  The great thing about a sexy cami and tap pants, is you can wear them under your conservative suit, as your sexy little secret, that only you know.  Plus, its great for being sexy in your bedroom.









Look 21 Velvet Blazer $59.99, Embroidered Blouse $44.99, Velvet Tuxedo Pants $39.99 and sexy black Strappy Heels. This was the first Look to catch my eye, the red velvet blazer.  OMG!!!!! If I do not get anything else out of this collection I need to get this, and I pray it comes in my size. I am a lover of velvet and this blazer is CALLING my name, Diva, Diva…BUY ME!!!! Lol I would not pair it with the velvet pants but I would pair it with a pair of dark wash jeans, maybe a nice pair of boots and a silk blouse.






I see so many possibilities with this collection from Altuzarra. I can see why he is an up and coming American designer.  I know I am adding him to my favorite list of designers to look out for during Fashion Week.  The collection has something for just about every woman from every walk of life and they are practical and can fit just about any size, not just the size 2.  The collections hits Target Stores on September 14, 2014, and if past collections are any indication, make sure you shop early; they tend to sell out quickly.

Now here is my only bone to pick with Target and the designers.  It is wonderful and amazing that you all are making clothing for the average person but PLUS SIZE WOMEN WANT AFFORDABLE DESIGNER CREATIONS ALSO! Okay, I am off my soap box.

So my Stylish Divas… How do you like this Collection? Do you think it is up to par with other collaborations Target has done?  Are you ready to burn a hole in your credit card?
If you get any pieces please post pictures so we can see how you styled your pieces.

‘Til Next Time
Love, Peace and All Things Pretty
~The Diva V~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment