Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 1 comment

Little Child Lost


Mentoring helps save lives



As an educator for 12 years I have seen a lot in the classroom in my tenure.

I have had students die, students become parents not once but twice over. I have seen education save the lives of many. I have watched as students have grown up and become mothers and on the road to being future educators themselves.

The purpose of my article this week is to educate you on the impact you can make upon a child’s life with one simple interaction. I know there are several children that can benefit from some type of mentorship.

An hour per week...


I am not saying give up 20 hours of your week but you will be surprised that the one hour a week you may spend with a child to show them something different will mean a world of difference. I am not just talking about inner city and urban children. I have learned through my journey that children are children and need guidance no matter the race or socio-economic status.

My babies, as I affectionately call them all, tell me all the time that something I said has made a difference in their life. It might have made them view the world differently. It might have broken a stereotype that they have known for years.

There are several organizations and school that need help from people that can make a difference in the lives of the youth. I encourage and implore you to make a difference in a child’s life today. Be the one that will save a child from making a wrong decision and encourage them to see another way.

Some of these organizations include. The Boys and Girls Club of America. http://www.bgca.org/ Big Brother/Big Sister programs. http://www.bbbs.org Any local organizations in your local cities that can serve our youth of today.

Remember an hour makes a difference.






Until The Next
PrettyZeta

1 comment:

  1. Could not agree more on the value of mentoring! It provides the biggest bang for the buck. A modest time commitment pays huge dividends in the lives of children. Among other programs I have worked with Capital Partners for Education based in the DC metro area.

    ReplyDelete