Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 4 comments

I’m Big and I’m Beautiful…And I Love EVERY Pound of Me

I’m Big and I’m Beautiful…And I Love EVERY Pound of Me | Yes, We Rise

Peace Family!

Ok, so, I know the title of this week’s blog is bold; but, check it out…

After getting out of the shower the other day, I looked in the mirror and at first; I wasn’t feeling what I saw actually. I say this because earlier that day, I had seen a picture of myself from several years ago (back when I was single and ready to mingle. LOL... but I digress).


The body in the mirror looked a lot chunkier than the picture I had seen earlier in the day. It also looked vastly different from the dudes I had seen earlier on the “Ninja Warrior” show! All of the athletes on the show pretty much were rocking washboard abs. However, that chunky, chocolate guy in the mirror…well, let’s just say he was most definitely rocking much more than a 6-pack. He was working with a full case.

I’m Big and I’m Beautiful…And I Love EVERY Pound of Me | Yes, We RiseIn an instant, this normally uber-positive man became negative as Hell. I started thinking negatively of myself, which is typically a big No-No for me because of my positive mindset. Sadly, (and this very rarely happens to me), a sense of despair came over me because I starting feeling inferior and inadequate...simply because of my size. Then despair actually turned into anger.

Yes, admittedly, I had a Florida Evans moment and said “Damn! Damn!! Damn!!! You’s a fat muthaf...! ”

Thankfully, the omniscient being within me took over and said:

I’m Big and I’m Beautiful…And I Love EVERY Pound of Me | Yes, We Rise

I immediately sat down, looked at myself in the mirror and said, “Markie B, why are you thinking this way?!? Why are you allowing yourself, even for one moment, to think that you are less attractive because of all this “extra meat” on your bones…okay, extra fizzat on your bones!?!”

I had to remind myself that the energy of the Most High is within me (Luke 17:21, KJV) and walks with me in each step that I take. So, why would I ever think of myself as anything less than great? Why would I ever think of myself as anything less than beautiful? Why would I think of myself as anything less than worthy?

In that instance, I had a divine moment of clarity!! Still in front of the mirror (and still butt naked, by the way), I looked myself squarely in the eyes and said with a grit on my face similar to that when I was pledging Alpha:

“NO ONE DEFINES ME BUT ME. INSIDE THIS SHELL OF A MAN IS ONE HELLUVA MAN. AND DON’T YOU EVER FORGET IT. YA HEARD!”

Yes, believe it or not, I actually talk to myself like that when I must. So, don’t look at me like I’m crazy. In that moment, I had to do what I had to do in order to get myself back in alignment with what’s real. So, what really real, you might ask? What’s real is this:

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7 KJV

Many people I encounter don’t understand those words!

Personally, I truly believe that if you think something to be true, then to you it is true. So, if you really want to tell yourself that you are ugly, inferior, unworthy, and all other types of negative stuff and you also walk in that light, then you are exactly what you believe in your heart to be true. Furthermore, others will see you as such.

Accordingly, if you tell yourself that you are beautiful, smart, attractive, strong, capable, loving, etc. and you walk in that light, then you are. Period! And if anyone tells you otherwise, then let it go in one ear and right out the other. Don’t absorb or buy into any negative image of yourself, or you shall become it.

Basically, that’s the point I’m trying to make. Don’t let others define who you are. Don’t let your body composition (big or small) or anything about your shell keep your mind from believing that you are less than Good, less than GREAT! Like I said before, inside this shell of a man is one helluva man. I believe this. So guess what…IT IS SO.

Stay Blessed and don’t be afraid to Love YOURSELF


Markie B aka DJ Scientific

4 comments:

  1. Rosalind Williams MitchellSeptember 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM

    Awesome. I love this Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. ...if you chose to do something about hen it has to be tour choice. This is why when fat folks go thru a transformation they had to be counseled first. Be who you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So eloquently put Mark. Thanks for the healing message and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....and that is why I made the change ! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete