Monday, July 21, 2014

Published 9:30 AM by with 0 comment

It's Time To Fire Your Representative


Are you always your true self?

 Is the person that you present to your family, work colleagues, friends, etc the true you? For most of us, the answer is "probably not!"

Somewhere along our growing up journey, we decided that it was better for us to be who everyone else thought we were or should be, rather than be our true authentic selves. I know for me, I wore my hair long and permed straight, because I was always told that it was how I looked best. Even when I decided that it was time to let go of the creamy-crack, I allowed someone else (my hairdresser) to tell me that it was too much work and not good for me to grow my hair out. It would be another 3 years before I would put my foot down and say, NO!!

I went to the schools my parents wanted me to go to, I drove the kind of cars that my parents thought were best for me, I even had friends that fit the "prescription formula" for my circle and my life. While my personality was such that many felt I was "wild" for my kind, I was far from the true free-spirit that I felt myself to be on the inside. The woman that everyone knew and loved, wasnt really me -- she was my representative.

My representative, was so well integrated and in control of my life -- I even believed she was really me....until...I didnt recognize myself in a picture one day. The girl in the pic, wasnt me ...not the me that looked back in the mirror every day. Not the me that had dreams...that was bold....that had so much to say and so many stories to tell.


While it was certainly easier to follow the path that others laid out before me...its much more rewarding knowing that every day, Im closer to becoming the person I was put on this earth to be. I'm closer to serving out the purpose and the destiny that will complete my tasks here on earth...and I am happier than I've ever been. I no longer govern my life by the perceptions and rules others have of and for me.

That is not to say that I am not considerate of the feelings or concerns of others. I am probably more considerate, because I have a greater respect, for myself. In respecting and honoring myself and my truths, I have to honor the same in others. I'm still me...but now, when you meet me its the REAL ...sarcastic, slightly nerdy, witty, quirky, moody, dreamy, creative, loving, nurturing, free me.

There may not be any singular magical moment or a cathartic event for you, but its the same feeling on the inside. You might feel a struggle, or just a little stifled and confined. You might feel limited by the skin your in...yearning for something new...different...something more than what life is currently showing you as the totality of your world. Well, what are you gonna do? How long are you gonna fight it?

Set your spirit free...Do what makes you happy, what makes you feel free and fulfilled...do you and FIRE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE!!




Peace, Joy and Love,
Michelle H.
@DivaOnPurpose

0 comments:

Post a Comment